Park Beach Systems has released a new version of the Virtuemart USPS Shipping Extension plugin to support the United States Postal Services's January 17, 2016 API Maintenance release.
In addition to rate changes to most USPS shipping services the following changes affect USPS shipping in Virtuemart:
- Elimination of “Priority Mail Express Flat Rate Box”.
- Elimination of “Priority Mail Express International Flat Rate Box”.
- Elimination of “First-Class Package Service” for Commercial PLUS pricing only.
- “First-Class Package Service” for Commercial ONLINE pricing extended to weights less than 16 oz. (previously less than 13oz).
- “Standard Post” service changed to “Retail Ground”.
IMPORTANT: The new version can be installed prior to January 17, 2016 but if you have created a Virtuemart shipping service for Standard Post do not update (or save) it until January 17, 2016. Customers who use Standard Post must update to the new version and then update the USPS Standard Post service and select the new Retail Ground service.