This software provides FedEx® shipping rate integration with Virtuemart shopping cart based on the weight of the products in a customer's cart.
- Real-time shipping cost integration with FedEx® API
- Works in all versions of Joomla! 3.x. Virtuemart 3 and 2.6+. VM3.6 now supported.
- Multiple shipment boxes now supported
- Easy installation and setup
- Supports 12 domestic and 3 international FedEx® shipping options, including FedEx SmartPost®
- Joomla! v3.x
- Virtumart 2.6+ or Virtuemart 3.x
- PHP SOAP library is required (HTTP POST no longer supported)
1Each FedEx® Shipping method that is offered in your store can be configured with shipping name, description, tax rate, handling fee and conditioning (country, zipcode, order amount and shopper group).
2All FedEx shipping methods that are enabled and satisfy the conditions are displayed during checkout.
3The FedEx shipping method information is stored on each order.
Quick Installation Steps
Once you have purchased the 1 year subscription, the plugin is installed in 3 easy steps to provide quick setup of FedEx® shipping in Virtuemart.
- Install the plugin via Joomla's Extension Manager
- Configure plugin settings
- Configure Virtuemart for each FedEx shipping method that will be offered in your store
You will receive access to detailed installation instructions once the subscription has been purchased.
- The FedEx® Shipping plugin v1.6 integrates FedEx API v13 using SOAP PHP library (Prior cURL/POST API no longer supported by FedEx).
- Works in Joomla! versions 3.x. Virtuemart 2.6+ & Virtuemart 3.x.
- New! Integration with Joomla! Update System for quick software updates.
- 12 US Domestic shipping options and 3 International options.
- New! FedEx SmartPost® now available for US delivery using USPS® for final delivery.
- Multiple shipment boxes are supported by breaking the maximum shipment box weight based on a set maximum box weight. No longer a 150lb order limit.
- New! Inclusion and restriction rules to limit shipping methods by Virtuemart product categories.
- Options to add delivery confirmation with a direct, indirect or adult delivery signature.
- Ability to send the Declared Value of the package which represents FedEx's maximum liability for the package in the case of loss or damage.
- Support to automatically detect the delivery to a business address to provide more accurate shipping costs.
- Automatically update shipping cost for the selected FedEx shipping method when the cart is modified.
- Supports Virtuemarts ability to auto select the shipping method during checkout if only one shipping service is available.
- Add percentage or flat dollar handling fee for each FedEx shipping method. For example, Fedex Ground could have a 5% handling fee while FedEx 2 Day could have a 7% handling fee. The percentage handling fee can be based on the shipping method cost or the total cart cost.
- Ability to pad the weight of the entire contents in the cart by a percentage prior to making the API call to FedEx to get the shipping rates. This allows you to use estimated weights on each product.
- Option to offer customers your discounted FedEx account rate or always show the FedEx list rates. This is a global setting for all FedEx shipping options.
- Supports various packaging types: Your Packaging, FedEx Envelope, FedEx Tube, FedEx Pak, FedEx Box, FedEx 25KG Box, and FedEx 10KG Box. This is a global setting for all FedEx shipping options.
- Ability to select the typical pickup type for your business for more accurate rating. The options are: Regular Pickup, Request Courier, Business Service Center, Drop Box, or Station.
- Ability to limit specific FedEx shipping options based on country, zipcode ranges, order amount, product categories or shopper groups. These options allow Free Shipping capability for certain orders.
- The use of Virtuemart tax rules for FedEx shipping methods.
- Shipping costs based on product/cart weight (currently does not support cart size dimensions).
- One request is made to FedEx external web service for all methods defined in Virtuemart to ensure the fastest response.
- One-time payment to use on all your websites forever. Subscription provides support for 1 website domain and updates for 1 year.
- Works along side our USPS shipping plugin and our UPS shipping plugin.
- Fully compatible with RuposTel One Page Checkout. Get the most of your checkout experience with RuposTel One Page Checkout for Virtuemart.
- Fully compatible with Virtueplanet's One Page Checkout.
FedEx Shipping Options Supported
|Domestic Shipping Options:||International Shipping Options:|
V1.6.1 March 10, 2020
- Bug: Fix issue with shipping cost total not updated in cart when a shipping rate option is changed when “Ajax for OPC” is enabled with VM One Page Checkout.
V1.6 September 23, 2019
- Feature: Updates to support changes to Virtuemart plugins in VM v3.6.
- Bug: Minor updates to improve display of shipping details in VM backend.
- Bug: Fix of undefined index warning when no address added in cart.
v1.4 - December 13, 2017
- Feature: Better integration with Joomla! Updater to allow auto updating if Download Key is added to plugin settings and the subscription is valid.
- Feature: Inclusion and Restriction of shipping methods by Virtuemart product categories.
- Feature: Coding improvements to support J3 standards. Joomla 2.5x no longer supported.
- Feature: Convert debugging to use Joomla logging/debugging. Enabling of plugin debugging is now triggered on debug setting in Joomla Global Configuration. Log file will be created in the log folder specified in Global Settings and titled ‘fedex_ship_log.php’.
- Bug: Properly skip call to FedEx rating service when destination address is not yet entered.
- Bug: The packing padding amount was not added properly prior to the call to FedEx.
v1.3.5 - August 12, 2016
- Bug: Currency conversion problem as a result of an update in 1.3.3 when FedEx currency code differed from Virtuemart currency cod.
Bug: Add error check for no SOAP installed (without it a blank screen was shown)
v1.3.3 - January 12, 2016
- Bug: Fixed a bug when using the ‘Declared value’ option when the currency of the cart does not match the vendor currency.
v1.3.2 - July 24, 2015
- Bug: Problem with logo image not able to be removed in configuration which then defaults to ‘index.html’ file if no images in folder. Bug was introduced in VM3.0.8.
- Bug: Currency conversion problem as a result of an update in 1.2.2 when FedEx currency code differed from Virtuemart currency code.
v1.3 - May 5, 2015
Feature: Support for multiple shipment boxes. The FedEx plugin has the option to allow packing of products into multiple shipping boxes based on a specified maximum weight per shipment box. The shipping plugin will package each shipment box with the maximum products to reach this total shipment box weight. FedEx restricts shipment box total weight at 150 lbs per box.
Feature: Added support for FedEx SmartPost shipment methods.
FedEx customer must have requested access to SmartPost products through FedEx. (4 options available).
FedEx SmartPost® Presorted Standard – for parcels with a weight of 1 ounce to 15.99 ounces
FedEx SmartPost® Parcel Select – for parcels with a weight of 1 lb to 70 lbs
FedEx SmartPost® Presorted Bound Printed Matter – a content driven service for bound printed matter parcels with weight of 1 lb to 15 lbs
FedEx SmartPost® Media Mail – a content driven service for media parcels with weight of 1 lb to 70 lbs
- Feature: Added logic to restrict FedEx delivery for PO Boxes for shipping methods other than SmartPost.
- Feature: Added warning message to administration setup if SOAP is not enabled on the webserver.
v1.2.3 - February 10, 2015
Bug: Rates not returned for countries that do not have zip codes/postal codes.
- Enhancement: Display all failure and warning notifications if the setting 'Report Errors' is set to Yes. Previously if more than one notification was returned from FedEx the messages were not displayed.
v1.2.2 - December 16, 2014
Bug: Currency conversion when ship-from address uses different currency than store. For example, store currency is set to EURO but store address causes FedEx to use CHZ currency.
Bug: Fixed a bug where multiple countries would not save in the FedEx shipping method settings in Virtuemart v3.
v1.2.1 - November 26, 2014
- Bug: Fixed a problem where shipment settings were not displayed properly in Virtuemart 3.
v1.2.0 - November 22, 2014
- Support for Virtuemart 3 running on Joomla 3.
- Added plugin update notification through Joomla Extension Manager.
v1.1.1 - May 12, 2014
- Bug: Fix issue where in some situations FedEx API was returning non-array for rate details.
v1.1 - March 17, 2014
- Feature: Shipping requests to FedEx updated to use SOAP (PHP SOAP Library required).
- Feature: Added debug logging to log file instead of using VM’s debug screen. (fedex_ship.log)
v1.0.1 - March 11, 2014
Feature: Added ability to select the unit of measurement to send to FedEx. Some countries require Kilograms to be used. The plugin will convert to the unit of measurement set in the plugin prior to sending to FedEx. This unit of measurement will also be stored in the shipping details of the order.
Bug: Some Virtuemart currency codes (ie. Mexican Peso) are different from FedEx’s currency codes which causes FedEx not to return shipping methods. This update will convert the currency code to FedEx’s format for the request sent to FedEx.
View a demo of this plugin in one of our front-end demo sites (a demo of the administration area is not available).
- Demo with Joomla v3 / Virtuemart v3 (VM One Page Checkout Enabled)
- Demo with Joomla v3 / Virtuemart v3 / Virtueplanet One Page Checkout
You are guest ( Sign Up ? )
or post as a guest
This commment is unpublished.· 1 months agoAre dimensions added in latest release? I've this plugin, purchased 2 years back but that is not calculating shipping costs correctly. There is huge difference of a between rates from this plugin and from fedex's own rate calculator.
This commment is unpublished.· 1 months agoJohn, unfortunately the FedEx plugin does not support product dimensions. Only our USPS plugin uses product & package dimensions for shipping Flat Rate methods. There should not be a large difference in shipping rates unless there are multiple packages. If you want us to take a look at this issue please create a support ticket and we will investigate.