This software provides United Parcel Service (UPS®) shipping rate integration with Virtuemart shopping cart based on the weight of the products in a customer's cart.
- Real-time shipping cost integration with UPS API
- Works in all versions of Joomla! 3.x and Virtuemart 3.x
- Multiple shipment boxes now supported
- Easy installation and setup
- Supports 11 domestic and 5 international UPS shipping options, including UPS SurePost® rates
- Joomla! v3.x
- Virtuemart 3.x
- cURL library is recommended but basic HTTP Post is supported
1Each UPS Shipping method that is offered in your store can be configured with shipping name, description, tax rate, handling fee and conditioning (country, zipcode, order amount and shopper group).
2All UPS shipping methods that are enabled and satisfy the conditions are displayed during checkout.
3The UPS shipping method information is stored on each order.
Quick Installation Steps
Once you have purchased the 1 year subscription, the plugin is installed in 3 easy steps to provide quick setup of UPS shipping in Virtuemart.
- Install the plugin via Joomla's Extension Manager
- Configure plugin settings
- Configure Virtuemart for each UPS shipping method that will be offered in your store
We provide detailed installation instructions once the subscription has been purchased.
- The UPS Shipping plugin v1.6 supports UPS API using cURL or HTTP Post.
- Works in Joomla! 3.x and Virtuemart 3.x
- 11 US Domestic shipping options and 5 International options. Including UPS SurePost®.
- New! Integration with Joomla! Update System for quick software updates.
- Multiple shipment boxes are supported by breaking the maximum shipment box weight based on a set maximum box weight. This removed the 150lb order limit for UPS shipping.
- New! Inclusion and restriction rules to limit shipping methods by Virtuemart product categories.
- Ability to enter your UPS Account number to obtain negotiated shipping rates.
- Options to add UPS Delivery Confirmation with or without a signature.
- Ability to send the Declared Value of the package which represents UPS's maximum liability for the package in the case of loss or damage.
- Support to automatically detect the delivery to a business address to provide more accurate shipping costs.
- Automatically update shipping cost for the selected UPS shipping method when the cart is modified.
- Supports Virtuemarts ability to auto select the shipping method during checkout if only one shipping service is available.
- Add percentage or flat dollar handling fee for each UPS shipping method. For example, UPS Ground could have a 5% handling fee while UPS 2nd Day Air could have a 7% handling fee. The percentage handling fee can be based on the shipping method cost or the total cart cost.
- Ability to pad the weight of the entire contents in the cart by a percentage prior to making the API call to UPS to get the shipping rates. This allows you to use estimated weights on each product.
- Option to show UPS Shipper Number Rates, Daily Rates, Retail Rates or Standard List Rates. This is a global setting for all UPS shipping options.
- Supports various packaging types: Unknown, UPS Letter, Package/customer supplied, UPS Tube, UPS Pak, Express Box, 25KG Box, 10KG Box, Pallet, Small Express Box, Medium Express Box, and Large Express Box. This is a global setting for all UPS shipping options.
- Ability to select the typical pickup type for your business. The options are: Daily Pickup, Customer Counter, One Time Pickup, On Call Air, Letter Center, and Air Service Center.
- Ability to limit specific UPS shipping options based on country, zipcode ranges, order amount or shopper groups. These options allow Free Shipping capability for certain orders.
- The use of Virtuemart tax rules for UPS shipping methods.
- Shipping costs based on product/cart weight (currently does not support cart size dimensions).
- One request is made to UPS external service for all methods defined in Virtuemart to ensure the fastest response.
- Ability to use a proxy server when initiating the web service call to UPS (some hosting environments require the use of a proxy server).
- One-time payment to use on all your websites for ever. Subscription provides support for 1 website domain and updates for 1 year.
- Works along side our USPS shipping plugin and our FedEx shipping plugin.
- Fully compatible with RuposTel One Page Checkout. Get the most of your checkout experience with RuposTel One Page Checkout for Virtuemart.
- Fully compatible with Virtueplanet's One Page Checkout.
UPS Shipping Options Supported
|Domestic Shipping Options:||International Shipping Options:|
V1.6.1 March 10, 2020
- Bug: Fix issue with shipping cost total not updated in cart when a shipping rate option is changed when “Ajax for OPC” is enabled with VM One Page Checkout.
V1.6 September 20, 2019
- Feature: Updates to support changes to Virtuemart plugins in VM v3.6.
- Bug: Minor updates to improve display of shipping details in VM backend.
v1.5 - September 19, 2018
- Feature: Changes to comply with UPS’s unsupported API effective December 31, 2018.
- Feature: Inclusion and Restriction of shipping methods by Virtuemart product categories.
- Feature: Coding improvements to support J3 standards. Joomla 2.5x no longer supported.
- Feature: Better integration with Joomla! Updater to allow auto updating if Download Key is added to plugin settings and the subscription is valid.
- Feature: Convert debugging to use Joomla logging/debugging. Enabling of plugin debugging is now triggered on debug setting in Joomla Global Configuration. Log file will be created in the log folder specified in Global Settings and titled ‘ups_ship_log.php’.
- Bug: The packing padding amount was not added properly prior to the call to UPS.
v1.3 - April 4, 2016
- Feature: Support for multiple shipment boxes. The UPS plugin has the option to allow packing of products into multiple shipping boxes based on a specified maximum weight per shipment box. The shipping plugin will package each shipment box with the maximum products to reach this total shipment box weight. UPS restricts shipment box total weight at 150 lbs.
- Bug: Properly skip call to UPS rating service when destination address is not yet entered.
- Bug: Fix various “Notices” when error reporting is set at a high level.
v1.2.4 - January 11, 2016
- Bug: Fixed a bug when using the ‘Declared value’ option when the currency of the cart does not match the vendor currency.
v1.2.3 - July 24, 2015
- Bug: Problem with logo image not able to be removed in configuration which then defaults to ‘index.html’ file if no images in folder. Bug was introduced in VM3.0.8.
v1.2.2 - December 17, 2014
- Bug: Fixed a bug where multiple countries would not save in the UPS shipping method settings in Virtuemart v3.
v1.2.1 - November 26, 2014
Bug: Fixed a problem where shipment settings were not displayed properly in Virtuemart
v1.2 - November 22, 2014
- Support for Virtuemart 3 running on Joomla 3.
- Added plugin update notification through Joomla Extension Manager.
v1.1.1 - May 5, 2014
Feature: Added support for UPS SurePost methods.
UPS customer must have requested access to SurePost products through UPS. (4 options available and must have access to SurePost methods created in VM).
UPS SurePost® Less than 1 lb – for parcels with a weight of 1 ounce to 15.99 ounces
UPS SurePost® 1 lb or Greater – for parcels with a weight of 1 lb to 70 lbs
UPS SurePost® BPM – a content driven service for bound printed matter parcels with weight of 1 lb to 15 lbs
UPS SurePost® Media – a content driven service for media parcels with weight of 1 lb to 70 lbs
Feature: Added logic to restrict UPS delivery for PO Boxes for shipping methods other than SurePost.
Feature: Added debug logging to log file instead of using VM’s debug screen. (ups_ship.log)
Bug: Fixed a regression bug caused in v1.0.5 where the unit of measurement is not stored when an order is placed.
v1.0.5 - January 29, 2014
- Bug: Standard list rates being shown instead of Negotiated Rates when "Shipper Number Rates" was selected for Customer Classification.
- Feature: Added the sending of the street address line to UPS to allow for more accurate determination of residential and business addresses.
- Feature: Added ability to select the unit of measurement to send to UPS. Some countries like Germany and France require Kilograms to be used. The plugin will convert to the unit of measurement set in the plugin prior to sending to UPS. This unit of measurement will also be stored in the shipping details of the order.
- Feature: Removed ability to modify USPS server and path names. This caused confusion with installations. Instead there is one option to select between PRODUCTION or STAGING UPS server. By default the plugin is set to PRODUCTION.
v1.0.3 - September 3, 2013
- Added additional feature to allow the shipping handling fee to apply the percentage fee based on the total cart cost. Now you can choose between a handling fee percentage based on the total shipping method cost or the total cart cost.
- Corrected "UPS Response Error 111030: Packages must weigh more than zero pounds." error when total cart weight was between 0.0 and 0.1 pounds. The UPS API requires weights of 0.1 or greater. Any cart weight greater than 0 but less than 0.1 will be set to 0.1 pounds before sending to UPS API.
View a demo of this plugin in one of our front-end demo sites (a demo of the administration area is not available).
- Demo with Joomla v3 / Virtuemart v3 (VM One Page Checkout Enabled)
- Demo with Joomla v3 / Virtuemart v3 / Virtueplanet's One Page Checkout