This software provides FedEx shipping integration with Virtuemart shopping cart based on the weight of the products in a customer's cart.
- The FedEx Shipping plugin v1.0 integrates FedEx API v13 using cURL (this is a non-SOAP plugin).
- Works in Joomla! versions 1.7 & 2.5. Virtuemart 2.0.4 and greater.
- 7 US Domestic shipping options and 5 International options.
- Options to add delivery confirmation with a direct, indirect or adult delivery signature.
- Ability to send the Declared Value of the package which represents FedEx's maximum liability for the package in the case of loss or damage.
- Support to automatically detect the delivery to a business address to provide more accurate shipping costs.
- Automatically update shipping cost for the selected FedEx shipping method when the cart is modified.
- Supports Virtuemarts ability to auto select the shipping method during checkout if only one shipping service is available.
- Add percentage or flat dollar handling fee for each FedEx shipping method. For example, Fedex Ground could have a 5% handling fee while FedEx 2 Day could have a 7% handling fee. The percentage handling fee can be based on the shipping method cost or the total cart cost.
- Ability to pad the weight of the entire contents in the cart by a percentage prior to making the API call to FedEx to get the shipping rates. This allows you to use estimated weights on each product.
- Option to offer customers your discounted FedEx account rate or always show the FedEx list rates. This is a global setting for all FedEx shipping options.
- Supports various packaging types: Your Packaging, FedEx Envelope, FedEx Tube, FedEx Pak, FedEx Box, FedEx 25KG Box, and FedEx 10KG Box. This is a global setting for all FedEx shipping options.
- Ability to select the typical pickup type for your business for more accurate rating. The options are: Regular Pickup, Request Courier, Business Service Center, Drop Box, or Station.
- Ability to limit specific FedEx shipping options based on country, zipcode ranges, order amount or shopper groups. These options allow Free Shipping capability for certain orders.
- The use of Virtuemart tax rules for FedEx shipping methods.
- Shipping costs based on product/cart weight (currently does not support cart size dimensions or total weights greater than 150lbs).
- One request is made to FedEx external web service for all methods defined in Virtuemart to ensure the fastest response.
- Ability to use a proxy server when initiating the web service call to FedEx (some hosting environments require the use of a proxy server).
- One-time payment to use on all your websites forever. Subscription provides support for 1 website domain and updates for 1 year.
- Works along side our USPS shipping plugin and our UPS shipping plugin.
- Fully compatible with RuposTel One Page Checkout. Get the most of your checkout experience with RuposTel One Page Checkout for Virtuemart.
- Joomla! v1.7 or 2.5
- Virtumart 2.0.4 or greater
- CURL library is required (HTTP Post using fsock is not supported)
FedEx Shipping Options Supported
|Domestic Shipping Options:||International Shipping Options:|
Quick Installation Steps
Once you have purchased the 1 year subscription, the plugin is installed in 3 easy steps to provide quick setup of FedEx shipping in Virtuemart.
- Install the plugin via Joomla's Extension Manager
- Configure plugin settings
- Configure Virtuemart for each FedEx shipping method that will be offered in your store
We provide detailed installation instructions once the subscription has been purchased.
1Each FedEx Shipping method that is offered in your store can be configured with shipping name, description, tax rate, handling fee and conditioning (country, zipcode, cart weight and shopper group).
2All FedEx shipping methods that are enabled and satisfy the conditions are displayed during checkout.
3The FedEx shipping method information is stored on each order.