This software provides FedEx shipping rate integration with Virtuemart shopping cart based on the weight of the products in a customer's cart.
- Real-time shipping cost integration with FedEx API
- Works in Joomla! versions 1.7 & 2.5. Virtuemart 2.0.4 and greater
- Easy installation and setup
- Supports 8 domestic and 3 international FedEx shipping options
- Joomla! v1.7 or 2.5
- Virtumart 2.0.4 or greater
- PHP SOAP library is required (HTTP POST no longer supported)
1Each FedEx Shipping method that is offered in your store can be configured with shipping name, description, tax rate, handling fee and conditioning (country, zipcode, order amount and shopper group).
2All FedEx shipping methods that are enabled and satisfy the conditions are displayed during checkout.
3The FedEx shipping method information is stored on each order.
Quick Installation Steps
Once you have purchased the 1 year subscription, the plugin is installed in 3 easy steps to provide quick setup of FedEx shipping in Virtuemart.
- Install the plugin via Joomla's Extension Manager
- Configure plugin settings
- Configure Virtuemart for each FedEx shipping method that will be offered in your store
You will receive access to detailed installation instructions once the subscription has been purchased.
- The FedEx Shipping plugin v1.1.1 integrates FedEx API v13 using SOAP PHP library (Prior cURL/POST API no longer supported by FedEx).
- Works in Joomla! versions 1.7 & 2.5. Virtuemart 2.0.4+ & Virtuemart 2.6.
- 7 US Domestic shipping options and 5 International options.
- Options to add delivery confirmation with a direct, indirect or adult delivery signature.
- Ability to send the Declared Value of the package which represents FedEx's maximum liability for the package in the case of loss or damage.
- Support to automatically detect the delivery to a business address to provide more accurate shipping costs.
- Automatically update shipping cost for the selected FedEx shipping method when the cart is modified.
- Supports Virtuemarts ability to auto select the shipping method during checkout if only one shipping service is available.
- Add percentage or flat dollar handling fee for each FedEx shipping method. For example, Fedex Ground could have a 5% handling fee while FedEx 2 Day could have a 7% handling fee. The percentage handling fee can be based on the shipping method cost or the total cart cost.
- Ability to pad the weight of the entire contents in the cart by a percentage prior to making the API call to FedEx to get the shipping rates. This allows you to use estimated weights on each product.
- Option to offer customers your discounted FedEx account rate or always show the FedEx list rates. This is a global setting for all FedEx shipping options.
- Supports various packaging types: Your Packaging, FedEx Envelope, FedEx Tube, FedEx Pak, FedEx Box, FedEx 25KG Box, and FedEx 10KG Box. This is a global setting for all FedEx shipping options.
- Ability to select the typical pickup type for your business for more accurate rating. The options are: Regular Pickup, Request Courier, Business Service Center, Drop Box, or Station.
- Ability to limit specific FedEx shipping options based on country, zipcode ranges, order amount or shopper groups. These options allow Free Shipping capability for certain orders.
- The use of Virtuemart tax rules for FedEx shipping methods.
- Shipping costs based on product/cart weight (currently does not support cart size dimensions or total weights greater than 150lbs).
- One request is made to FedEx external web service for all methods defined in Virtuemart to ensure the fastest response.
- One-time payment to use on all your websites forever. Subscription provides support for 1 website domain and updates for 1 year.
- Works along side our USPS shipping plugin and our UPS shipping plugin.
- Fully compatible with RuposTel One Page Checkout. Get the most of your checkout experience with RuposTel One Page Checkout for Virtuemart.
FedEx Shipping Options Supported
|Domestic Shipping Options:||International Shipping Options:|
NOTICE 3/17/2014: FedEx is no longer allowing HTTP POST service requests. We have posted an update to our FedEx plugin which uses SOAP messages. Please download v1.1 from the 'My Downloads' area.
v1.1.1 - May 12, 2014
- Bug: Fix issue where in some situations FedEx API was returning non-array for rate details.
v1.1 - March 17, 2014
- Feature: Shipping requests to FedEx updated to use SOAP (PHP SOAP Library required).
- Feature: Added debug logging to log file instead of using VM’s debug screen. (fedex_ship.log)
v1.0.1 - March 11, 2014
Feature: Added ability to select the unit of measurement to send to FedEx. Some countries require Kilograms to be used. The plugin will convert to the unit of measurement set in the plugin prior to sending to FedEx. This unit of measurement will also be stored in the shipping details of the order.
Bug: Some Virtuemart currency codes (ie. Mexican Peso) are different from FedEx’s currency codes which causes FedEx not to return shipping methods. This update will convert the currency code to FedEx’s format for the request sent to FedEx.